Re: Hot and cold fish/Killifish threat

Andrew Boyd (andrew at pcug.org.au)
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 00:41:05 +1000

At 11:15 PM 9/18/96 +-1000, Dr Bruce wrote:

>Having never seen an Aphanius or a live pupfish either for that matter - I
>am unaware if they even exist in this country although I have no reason to
>think that Killifish enthusiasts are any less assiduous than their
>rainbowfish counterparts in devising ways of capitalising on unexpected or
>unusual migratory patterns of fishes from various parts of the world.

Howdy, Bruce! I would have to say that if anyone was more "capitalising"
than rainbowkeepers, it would have to be the killiefolk... they've done more
with less for a long time now, and without the benefit of a national body
like ANGFA to fall back on. But then again, Annual Killifish eggs are a bit
more transportable ;) I'm a bit worried about this threat to temporary
water'ed fishes, though.

Regards, Andrew Boyd

<>< <>< : http://www.pcug.org.au/~andrew
<>< : ><> Rainbowfish Mailing List: http://www.pcug.org.au/~andrew/rml.htm