RE: Disease?

Barry Meiklejohn (fisher at ozemail.com.au)
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 20:49:21 +1000

Dianne

----------
From: VERMILLION, DIANNE
Subject: Disease?

HI, I'm new and need to ask a question about a female M. boesemani
rainbowfish with a white pimple like growth on her chin which over a few
weeks looks like skin flaking off, and then goes back to looking like a
pimple.

I sometimes get rainbows that have the bottom of their jaws (chins?) pushed
out to variing degrees. I have normally associated this with their diet,
as if they have taken a large mouthful of something hard (eg., food
pellet). The jaw recedes after a time but if it is to bad sometimes the
fish dies. I am now wondering if it was something similar to your boesmani
affliction.

>From observation my problems were definately the lower jaw protruding not
like skin flaking off? Has anyone else noticed these problems?

Regards,
Barry.