Re: [RML] lights and ballasts

Bjorn Straube (straube at digital.net)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:47:01 -0500

Hi Gary,
Yup, I'm talking about the new ones, 5000K, 6000K, and 6200K bulbs
(don't quote me on the 6200K bulbs though). Aparently the ballasts used
to run them are "smart" and can adjust their output by one bulb, ie 3 or
4 bulbs. Grainger is a really cool place, but they usually don't like
to sell retail (prefer selling to buisinesses) and can be a bit pricey
for my tastes (you usually get what you pay for though, quality is very
good most of the time). I prefer going to a lighting wholesaler. They
are Usually(big U in that ;) ) the least expensive and really know their
stuff. Unforunatly not all wholesalers are willing to sell retail, you
have to get lucky I guess.

Bjorn