Re: [RML] Digest Number 168

Dave Wilson (aqua.green at bigpond.com)
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:58:44 +0930

Hello Eileen,

I9ll just jump in on the ANGFA bandwagon here for a second. ANGFA is an
association of mostly Australians but has an increasing overseas membership.
It is made up of people who are keen on the fishes from Australia and New
Guinea, not only fishkeepers but general naturalists, fish professionals,
Government fish workers and some Scientists. The members have just started
a database for the storage of information from members fish collecting
trips. You can have a look at the database and members photography at
http://db.angfa.org.au but to get more detail and some nice colourful
informative journals you will need to join up. The associations web site
is http://www.angfa.org.au where there are many details about fishes and
plenty of links to other sites that are devoted to keeping fishes from this
region. You can have a look at the sample publications here as well. The
next ANGFA conference is in Darwin NT (Oztraylya) middle of 2007. Save
your pennies to come and have a look where rainbowfish live as well as
meeting lots of fish enthusiasts.

Cheers
Dave Wilson

On 11/11/05 1:08 AM, "Gary Lange" <rainbowfish4u2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> No problems. If you aren't a member of ANGFA now would be a good time to
> join. You can google to the site and see the various methods. Eventually
the
> expansion of the pseudoincisus range should be there and hopefully a few
other
> adventures we had while in IJ.
>
> gary lange
>
> Eileen Kortright <eileen at spamcop.net> wrote: