Re[2]: [RML] S P A M: Open letter, Test and anything else

Helen.Larson at DWNMUS.MAGNT.nt.gov.au
Fri, 23 May 1997 06:30:11 +1000

(I think Helen meant this one for the list.... AB)

dear RML-keepers,
please keep the list the way it is - I heartily agree with Adrian's
comments. We don't HAVE to read spam, or adverts for tetramin or
microsoft, or articles about tardigrades and left-eyed flounders if we
don't want to.

<'##==<

Subject: Re: [RML] S P A M: Open letter, Test and anything else
Author: rainbowfish-owner at pcug.org.au at SMTP
Date: 5/21/97 10:20 AM

Good on ya Adrian!!

Roy Hunter
Co-Chairman
ANGFA of North America
visit the ANGFA website at:
http://www.angfa.org
reach me at:
roy at angfa.org

----------
> From: Adrian R. Tappin <atappin at ecn.net.au>
> To: rainbowfish at pcug.org.au
> Subject: Re: [RML] S P A M: Open letter, Test and anything else
> Date: Tuesday, May 20, 1997 4:52 PM
>
> At 09:25 20/05/97 +0200, Karsten wrote:
>
> >Ok, because some listmembers seem not to read all messages on the
list, > >here are some examples for Harro's request for SPAM: >
snip,snip. > > First of all, as I see it, the list is NOT going to
change for you or anyone > else so why keep harping on the same old
bullshit. Its very plain to me - If > you don't like the way the list is
run then as Andrew & Allan says > "Desubscribe". No one is out there
forcing you or anyone else to be a member > of the list! > > I know
this list is not perfect but neither is anything else in this world. >
Its like buying an aquarium magazine. Not every article is going to
interest > every reader, plus you get all the advertisements (spam). What
you and > everyone else has to decide is if the price you pay for the
magazine is > worth the information you get from it. The same applies to
this list - if > you think the cost of downloading the messages (spam &
all) is not worth the > price, then why are you buying it??? > > I'm am
sure a lot of people on this list would never have known one another > if
the list didn't exist. It has developed (or was) like one big 'happy >
family' and most members enjoyed the chatter with each other. Personally,
I > hope it remains that way. You sometimes have to have a little humour
in your > life otherwise you will go nuts! > > As for the 'good
afternoon', 'good mornings', and 'good evening' - > personally I thought
it broke the rather chilly silence that came over the > list and at least
it got them going again. > > Adrian. >
Rainbowfish > http://www.ecn.net.au/~atappin/home.htm >