Re: [RML] Attachments

Andrew Boyd (andrew at pcug.org.au)
Fri, 23 May 1997 06:18:52 +1000

At 10:19 PM 5/22/97 +0000, Red wrote:
>I sometimes get attachments on this newsgroup, as a rule I don't
>download them because of potiental viruses.
>
>Can attachments be checked and then resent.

Dear Red (and everyone else).

This is not a newsgroup. This is a mailing list. There are people on this
list with CS degrees who can tell you all about the nature and philosophy of
virii, I could too I guess as I deal with them a lot where I work.

Basically, speaking as the co-moderator of this list here now, I am not
going to check anything for anyone and if you are operating without the best
antivirus gear running on your own machine then you are an idiot.

File attachments are not encouraged, but I think people have been pretty
sensible about them so far - the bottom line is, if you don't like the way
things happen on this list, leave.

Regards, Andrew Boyd
(Co-moderaptor pro tem, and really happy to start the day reading this sort
of crap, people wonder why I get depressed!) :)
Andrew Boyd - andrew at pcug.org.au - http://www.pcug.org.au/~andrew
"May you kindle Fire and never be burned by it,
May the Air never send storms across your path,
May the path across the Earth be a soft one,
May the Water of your tears always taste sweet with joy,
May your Spirit find your own true path...."