Re: [RML] Open letter

Merlin (merlin at macrae.com.au)
Sat, 17 May 1997 11:07:47 +1000

Hello Julie,

I dont believe either Andrew or I ever said we would cold heartedly shut the
list down at least not yet as I write this, but I do believe Andrew has
posted something that I have yet to read. :)

Ouch was right, it was meant to hurt, I do not do things like that lightly.
We are tired of Chris and his petty whinges (he calls them comments or
something like that) to us both publically and privately. I do not want
Chris to either approve or disapprove what we say and do. Andrew and I
have asked on previous occasions for people to include the word spam, no
amount of complaining or trying to point out the error of their ways will
overcome the human "forgot" factor :)

For what its worth Julie, I too like the list, I likeand admire the people
on it (that includes Harro).
I would like to continue to be a list user no matter who eventually takes
it on <g>

Cheers
Alan

At 16:19 16/05/97 -0700, Julie wrote:
>Alan
>
>On Sat, 17 May 1997, Merlin wrote:
>
>> like I said shit happens... Now why dont you be a good boy and try and run
>> the RML yourself the way you and some others obviously think things
should run.

>Ouch! I think that Chris was trying to support you guys. For that matter,
>so was Harro. We all appreciate the job you are doing. They, I believe,
>were just trying to get some of the members who tend to abuse the list
>priveleges a bit to stop doing so.

<snip>
merlin at mail.macrae.com.au

http://www.pcug.org.au/~aford & http://www.pcug.org.au/~aford/angfa.htm

< watch for a change of address to my webpages soon! >