Re: [RML] Hyrtlii

peter.unmack at ASU.Edu
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 20:31:58 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Roy Hunter wrote:

> I need some spawning advice for the N. hyrtlii. I have the chance to pick
> up some hcg hormone which I think that this is what will be needed to make
> this work but I can also get other hormones as well. Does anyone have some
> info on this procedure and or information on hormone injecting fish for
> breeding??

Opinions vary as to where to stick the needle, ie in the body cavity or
muscle tissue. Either way I would practise on some goldfish first.
:-) HCG should be fine. I don't have anything on proceedures although I
have done it before. Maybe Robby will tell you.

Tootles

Peter J Unmack peter.unmack at asu.edu
DESERT FISHES RULE: To boldly thrive where no other fish can make it!

Australian desert fishes pages at ozdesertfish.base.org (don't forget to
visit the Desert Fishes Council pages too)
Native Fish Australia pages at nfa.base.org (under construction)
North American Native Fishes Association at www.nanfa.org