Re: [RML] Melanotaenia maylandi Not

Gary Lange (gwlange at stlnet.com)
Sun, 9 Mar 1997 12:38:08 -0600

Jerry Allen took a good natured jab at Heiko at either the 1989 ICC
conference or the 1993 ANGFA Townsville conference. He showed a
picture of M. maylandi and said, Heiko had a chance to get this fish
and he passed up on it, I just don't know why. I could have sworn
that he had even a better picture than the one that is displayed in
the Tetra book (pg 125). Unless some other European explorer has
more complete information we can assume that it's another one of
those wonderful crosses.

Gary Lange
Rainbowfish Study Group of NA

----------
> From: caryho at ix.netcom.com_REMOVE_TO_REPLY
> To: rainbowfish at pcug.org.au
> Subject: [RML] Melanotaenia maylandi Not
> Date: Saturday, March 08, 1997 7:45 AM
>
> I was at a wholesaler and saw a fish labeled as M. maylandi. These
> looked to be the Marci rainbow cross rather than the fish they were
> marked as. I was just curious if anybody has seen the true maylandi
in
> the hobby? Apparently these fish came out of Florida, from either
Ekk