Re: [RML] Peacock gudgeon tankmates?

peter.unmack at ASU.Edu
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:40:08 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Ethan Haslett wrote:

> I have many baby peacock gudgeons (curmudgeons as my fiance calls them)
> and was wondering if they would dine on the P. gertrudae that I have in my
> 29 gallon tank. At their present size (somewhat larger than adult brine
> shrimp) they can eat a whole adult brine shrimp. If I were to extrapolate
> this to their adult size, I get worried that my P. gertrudae will get
> eaten as well. Any thoughts?

They can be a little nippy at times hence I wouldn't chance it if you value
the gertrudae. But then I'm rather conservative when it comes to these
things.

Cheers

Peter J Unmack peter.unmack at asu.edu
DESERT FISHES RULE: To boldly thrive where no other fish can make it!

Australian desert fishes pages at http://ozdesertfish.base.org (don't
forget to visit the Desert Fishes Council pages too)
Native Fish Australia pages at http://www.nativefish.asn.au
North American Native Fishes Association at http://www.nanfa.org
Aquatic Conservation Network at http://www.acn.ca