RE: Native Aquatic plants ( was handfish)

Bruce Hansen (bhansen at oznet02.ozemail.com.au)
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 18:22:53 +-1000

From: Peter Hughes (X)[SMTP:peterh at pican.pi.csiro.au]
Sent: Monday, 17 June 1996 22:10

<<Hi Andrew I think that there should be another section, though I am
saying this on a pure self interest basis and that is the aquatic plants
of Sahul. i admit that the traffic on this topic would be thin at best
because of the almost complete lack of availability without collecting
them ourselves. However I would be happy to hear from anybody that has
anything to say about our plants.>>

Hear ,hear Peter. By now you would have noticed that we (ANGFA,National committree that is) have started a companion series for Native Aquatic plants in the A-Z format and the first sheet on Blyxa should be in the hands of all financial members by now. I

have over the past few years tried to bring back plants as well as piscatorial souvenirs of my peregrinations and some a least have made an art form of survival in my back yard. i have just set up a low tech plant aquarium featuring about 30 species of na

tive aquatics and most are settling in well - I'll keep the list posted on progress.

If anybody out there has any expertise or experience with native aquatics either as aquarium plants or for pond use please let me know and I'll importune you for a contribution to the series by sending you a blank A-Z form to fill out.
Regards
bruce hansen