Re: Divergent Model of Aging? Negligible Senescence in Long-Lived

peter.unmack at ASU.Edu
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 19:18:08 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, cyrus roussilhes wrote:

> Below is some interesting info on fish aging, an interesting debate would
> be: how many years to the typical Rainbowfish life span. If I had to guess
> it would be between 3 and 5 years. I've heard that the Murray Cod in a
> suffiecently large tank can outlive its owner.

I've heard of empire gudgeons over 20 years old. The oldest Murray cod
are thought to be around 30-50 years. I think that many of the rainbows,
hardyheads, ambassids will live for 5-8 years or so in captivity.

Tootles

Peter