Re: [RML] Fish rooms, pump sizing, flow thru system

bettamuse (bettamuse at yahoo.com.au)
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:40:02 -0000

Hi Graeme,
Unfortunately my fish room is a disaster area at present. Trying
desperately to clean it up now I'm back, after having to find space
and move 300 bettas into it before going overseas.
Try Age of aquariums, I think they are down at Browns plains QLD.
They have lots of pumps, air and water at good prices. If you are
just after water pumps then Pumps'N'pipes is a good start.
I know Rod Pick and his fish room is very nice. I have been in it
and he has put a lot of thought into its design. Another place to
try for info if you are in Qld, is to drop Greg Ure a line. I'm sure
he is a member of ANGFA Queensland and he has an exhalent slide show
on fish rooms around Brisbane, get him to put on a talk at your next
meeting.
Failing all that go to a QLD Cichlid club meeting and ask for Scott
Hovlroud? he has build more fish rooms for people then he cares to
remember. If a you really want to know the best way to do it, in my
opinion Scotts the person to see.
If you can make it to the next public Auction, I'll be there helping
out, kind of accidentally nominated myself at the last QFAS meeting.
Anyway I'd be happy to introduce you to the people that can help you
in your quest for Knowledge.

Cheers
Todd

--- In r_m_l at yahoogroups.com, finsen at o... wrote:
> Here in Australia we have a lot of people with fishrooms who
(unfortunately) don't really share much information. Rod Pick
(former ANGFA Qld treasurer) is about the only person I know who has
gone to the effort to put his room on the net (google Rod Pick
fishroom).

> As for Jehmco, I spent some time emailing them with the Air pump
discussion I had some time ago. They were very helpful. Maybe I
should drop them a line (or maybe an American could do it for me ...
nudge, nudge, wink, wink *grin*) and ask them some questions?