Re: [RML] Pseudomugil cynadorsalis Melanotaenia pygmae

Bruce Hansen (bruceh at powerup.com.au)
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 07:12:16 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C0EA6A.30553F60

Danny

I have never found them in permanent FW situations and have never been =
able to keep them thriving in FW longer than 6 months - they are usually =
found in schools in brackish mangrove creeks and swim close to the =
surface and often near to the edges. This differs from P. inconspicuus =
which swim deeper, during the day anyway, and is found in more open and =
purely marine situations - however the two can be found together.

In my experience the colour is more influenced by live food and morning =
sunlight on the tank than by salinity. Brine shrimp and mossie larvae =
are tops.

Life span is around 2 years but they mature quickly, like high =
temperatures and breed early.

Regards,
Bruce ( Hansen )
vicepresident - ANGFA Inc, ANGFA (Qld) Inc
Please visit us at http://www.angfa.org.au

----- Original Message -----=20