Re: Making the trip

Andrew Boyd (andrew at pcug.org.au)
Sun, 14 Jul 1996 07:15:55 +1000

At 04:56 PM 7/13/96 EDT, Roy wrote:
>Well I guess I can let the cat outa the bag now. I will be comming to the
>confrence this October. I think what we all should do is those who have put in
>there two cents worth on the list is to have our first annual rainbow list
>reunion at the convention and have a beer or two together and that would
give us
>a chance to chat about some directions we can take on the list for different
>subjects and maybe a good summary session. Of course this is only an idea but
>maybe Andrew and Alan can say what they think of a informal list get
>together????? It would be a good chance to put faces to the names. The only bad
>thing is that on the list you all sound like Americans and the Australian
accent
>would be the greatest shock to me. I would then from that point have to read
>your messages in Australian... :-)

This is something I had thought of, then dismissed as it looked like I
couldn't make it to the Conference. But I guess I'll have to go now! The
Killie mailing list people have a get-together at the AKA convention, so I
guess we should do the same... It will be hard to fit a "formal" informal
get-together in once the Conference starts - maybe a Friday lunchtime thing
would be OK.

Re the accent - drink enough beer and nobody will be able to tell the
difference ;)

Regards, Andrew