Re: [RML] hybrids; new fish

HH (Harro.Hieronimus at t-online.de)
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:42:19 +0100

Piabinha at aol.com schrieb:
> hello, all
>
> i recently saw some really suspect fish for the first time. they are "G.
> incisus" red rainbows but they have a body that is very elongated and thin,
> with a pale orange color. also, a fish that is a muddled green, red and
> yellow color, maybe some trifasciata in its background. hybrids?
>
> i have also seen recently fish that were clearly a cross between pearl and
> moonlight gouramis, and moonlight and snakeskin gouramis. what's the world
> coming to?
>
> on another topic, my wholesaler contact in nj has received the following new
> fish:
>
> Glossolepis multisquamatus "mamberamo red eye tiger"
> is this the fish that's extinct in the wild?
>
> Pseudogobius sp. # 9
> Quirichthyis stramineus
> Ambassis agassizii
> M. lakamora
> M. exquisita
> M. papuae
> M. rubrostriata
> M. latci (spelling? the fax is not clear)
>
> which of the above would do well in a 10 gallon tank (pH neutral to acidic,
> soft water), and doesn't grow too big (under 3")? any descriptions and
> comments appreciated.
>
> finally, what's the difference btwn tri goyder river and carlan creek?
>
> terima kasi, muito obrigado for any help.
>
> tsuh yang chen, nyc

Pseudogobius Nr. 9 is a small goby. Craterocephalus stramineus is a medium
sized, maybe also under 3", but not very easy to keep and breed. the last one
reads tatei and is a subspecies of splendida. M. lakamora is also a small one,
like exquisita and a real papuae (some australis have formerly been sold under
this name). All under 3".

Best regards

Harro Hieronimus, Solingen, Germany
harro.hieronimus at t-online.de