Re: [RML] Green Water!

HH (Water!)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:53:37 -1000

John Wubbolt schrieb:
> Yes there are 2 ways I know of how to rid yourself of green water in a
> tank that doesn't get direct sunlight. Add daphnia. They eat the
> infusoria bloom that causes the green water.
> Or cover the tank with a blanket for a few days and keep the light off.
> This should eliminate the bloom that is causing your green water.
> Doing water changes only causes the green water keep going.

There are a few more ways. Most easy is surely to darken the tank for 2-3 days.
However, please have in mind that the rotting algae take lots of oxygen, watch
your filter and use extra aerator.

You can also use a UV Sterilizer.

Or take a diatomic filter. Both will work, too.

Best regards

Harro Hieronimus, Solingen, Germany
harro.hieronimus at t-online.de

No fish - no fun