Re: [RML] Dark half or quarter on rainbowfish

Sun, 10 Jan 1999 11:08:27 -1000

Harro

I think we agree on all the essentials - I just didn't want readers to think
that TB was not a problem. I think it is the biggest problem facing the
whole aquarium hobby today.

Just one note of caution - there is a possibility that TB can be transferred
to eggs according to some of the literature from Salmonid hatchery studies
but there is strong anecdotal hobby opinion that it is safe. It would be
helpful if we could gather information from hobbyists on whether it has been
successful for them.

As far as quarantine tanks stressing the infected fish and weakening them
further - we have had this discussion here before. I feel that is the
purpose of the quarantining. The problem is how long do we stress them for
to bring out the TB if it is in them? I feel that the quarantine tank should
have water parameters as close to the intended home tank so that after
quarantining there will be as little stress as possible.

Regards,
Bruce.

Bruce Hansen, A.N.G.F.A., Advancing Australian Aquatics.