Re: [RML] Forktail Rainbowfish

Roy Hunter (Rainbows01 at sprynet.com)
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 16:24:47 -0700

John has a good point, unfortunately most retailers dont see it that way
and it is a shame. Most of them are in it for the buck and if they can get
crap bows for $1.50 and sell them for $15-20 there in no motivation for
them to pay $4.00 (in hard cash not trade) for good quality fish. The odd
thing is that you still see this in Australia as well. I did go to a few
good shops and the good bows, well trifasciatas sold for around $20AUD (St.
Kilda Aquarium in Melbourne) Even in Brisbane at Smiths Aquarium Tris were
$15AUD but you could get nice duboulayi (tank raised BTW) for $5 but that
is the local fish you often find when collecting in that area. They did
still have their fair share of bad fish that were labeled improperly or
called some strange name...

Those of you needing to sell fish I can usually help, I have a wholesaler
that has a good market and he typically will buy them for 2-3 dollars ea at
a smaller size, bad thing is he usually only wants 20-30. So if the need
arises let me know....

Roy Hunter
Co-Chairman
ANGFA of North America