Re: [RML] Breeding G. Incisus

Scott Davis (unclescott at prodigy.net)
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:59:25 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0100_01C079B5.E23772A0

Would ...
increasing the tank size,=20
multiplying the number of hiding places,=20
even yet more partial water changes plus more feeding of live or frozen =
foods=20
and/or lowering the tank's temperature to the lower comfortable range of =
incisus help?=20
Likewise would it help to put a couple of males in to chase each other =
and relieve some of the pressure on the female(s)?=20

These are partly suggestions William, and partly questions directed =
towards those more experienced with rainbows than I am (that includes a =
lot of people).

Would it help to introduce the female just before lights out and to =
remove her an hour or two after daylight? With really aggressive plant =
spawning killies one might to that and just remove the parents, hoping =
that some of the eggs laid on mops, plants, gravel or what-have-you =
would hatch where ever they were laid.

In my small experience with a nice trio of incisus I picked up one time, =
my biggest issue was what in the world to do with the hundreds of eggs =
left that first day. The numbers were just staggering (a credit to my =
source, not me.)

I realize all of the above involve spending more time and/or money. It's =
fun spending other people's money. ;)

All the best!

Scott
----- Original Message -----=20