Re: Re[2]: [RML] Beer SPAM

Andrew Boyd (frex at macrae.com.au)
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 20:10:16 +1000

At 19:52 14/08/97 -0700, Rhonda wrote:
>Andrew,
>
>On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Andrew.Boyd at dfat.gov.au wrote:
>>
>>Rhonda, there is an archaic Mead recipe at the same site, see
>>http://realbeer.com/brewery/cm3/recs/13_14.html
>
>Thanks I, just grabbed the recipe, looks pretty easy. My Grandma and I made
>dandilion wine once, and my Grandpa (other side of the family) and step dad
>used to make a lot of wines. My mom used to make a really tasty treat with
>huckleberries called huckleberry booze on a high safe shelf, but I guess you
>poor Australians don't get to have the joy of real fresh picked mountain
>huckleberries.<g>

Plums grow well here but :)

I am making a plum wine, it is about 4 months old now... hope it turns out
better than the Barley Wine (not barleywine beer, please note, but the real
McCoy) and Rice Wine I made... imagine the dregs of the night before's
scotch and soda, or the roughest sake you ever tasted, in that order... oh
well, it is good for cooking :)

Mind you, I've tasted worse :P

Regards, Andrew
Andrew Boyd - frex at macrae.com.au - http://www.pcug.org.au/~andrew
"I have turned my face
To this road before me
To the deed that I see
And the death I shall die" (Patrick Pearse, Renunciation)