Re: [RML] Planted Tanks

jazep at www.peter.unmack.net
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 09:15:41 -0700 (MST)

Hi

I agree w/ Rhonda re the use of CO2 -- I don't bother w/ it. I do
occaisionally use an iron additive, but that is because I have a couple of
plants that show signs of iron defiency, namely some jungle val in one
tank and some Crinum in another. When they start to lose their green, I
add a small amount of the additive. I do not add the total dose, and I let
the plants tell me when. :) This seems to wrk well for me. The tank I
maintain at work gets very bad beard algae when I add any supplements. No
CO2 there either.

Julie <><