Re: [RML] How much filtration is enough?

Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:36:25 +1000

Hello Joy

Welcome to the list - there are many who would say that you don't need any
filtration at all. Certainly many plants and fish seem to like some water
movement but not all! Some Rainbows come from faster flowing streams and
others from still waters such as lagoons and lakes. Similarly for plants.

One of the nicest displays of Rainbows I ever saw was only lightly filtered
with lots of plants and the lights well to the front and directed down and
backwards onto the fish which tended to swim along the front into a current
supplied by a powerhead.

You haven't exactly mentioned the actual dimensions or fishload but I feel
that the equipment you mentioned is somewhat exccessive.

Regards,
Bruce.